Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 24 July 2017

1973 Irish Moss (available)


50 x 50 cm / 20 " x 20" oil on canvas

The moss in this painting came from our roof, very kindly picked out of the gutters by the noisy Jackdaws at 6 in the morning and deposited around the house!! It was lovely and green and soft so I thought just the thing to incorporate in a Still Life painting. The eggs came from our local organic gardens, overseen by retired nuns, who also keep an interesting assortment of chickens, hence the array of colours. A couple of spotty Quail eggs some English Lavender from our garden and some leaves from a neighbours shrubs complete the picture.

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

A precious one for sure, Diana. I hope things are good with you and yours.

Carol Flatt said...

Oh my, what a lovely still life. I love the variety of items perfectly arranged. Beautiful lighting and remarkable rendering! Delightful edges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...