Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 20 June 2017

1965 A Perfect Pair (available)


40 x 40 cm / 16" x 16" oil on canvas

Number two of three. I chose my favourite pewter teapot, in the shape of a pumpkin, paired with a beat-up vintage copper pitcher for this painting. I take a lot of time setting up a still life, finding the right objects, position and lighting, mostly using natural  day light. I am pleased with how this turned out, though photographing it was another challenge!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted Diana!!!! I love the copper pot! Absolutely flawless....

Carol Flatt said...

I love the way you composed this one and the last one peeking up from the bottom of the painting. A very compelling look. Once again, your talent for rendering metals is inspiring. Love the blue on the copper piece!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...