Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 15 May 2017

1959 If You Go Down to the Woods Today


35 x 45 cm / 14" x 18" oil on panel

This is a scene from our local forest park, it surrounds Lough Derg (Co. Galway) and is a great place on our doorstep, to enjoy nature. We have had some lovely weather this past few weeks, though it has turned rainy now, so my family and I went to see the bluebells that cover another part of the woods. I took loads of photos of the carpet of blue, although this scene  is without bluebells, I was attracted to it because of the shadows crossing my path. I will be painting a scene next which will feature those blue lovelies!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Wow, Diana!!! This is beautiful.!!! I would love to be there right now.. The perfect scene! MORE LANDSCAPES please !!!

Carol Flatt said...

Goodness, what a perfectly beautiful location. Love the shadows across the path and the light behind the trees. Picnic territory!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...