Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 23 September 2016

1923 Shed a Little Light 25 x 20 cm framed SOLD


25 x 20 cm / 10" x 8" oil on panel, framed and ready to hang

Another dark one, not the easiest to paint, drove me slightly potty, couldn't get the glow of the candle right and had to paint the background three times to get it even, I kept smudging other colours onto it.

 Just bought myself a huge box of latex gloves to protect my hands as I'm always having to clean my hands, I'm such a messy worker. They are great when I remember to wear them!!

3 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

Beautifully worked, Diana, and I would say you mastered the glow successfully. I can only imagine what a challenge a dimly lit subject would present. Well done, my amazing friend!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Diana, this is very beautiful. I agree that gloves are the best to wear to protect us from having to scrub our hands so much. I have to wear them too as I am quite messy. Sometimes when done painting for the day I find spots of paint in places around the desk that I hadn't gone near with the brush (or so I thought). I absolutely love the glow of this painting. Enjoy your day!

hmuxo said...

This is beautifully painted Diana!!!!! The candle looks so realistic.....of course like I always tell you....LOVE the black background!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...