Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 11 September 2016

1920 Midnight Mandarin SOLD



25 x 20 cm / 10" x 8" oil on board, framed,

Thought that I would like to create a more dramatic still life, so I set this one up just before going to bed on a piece of black velvet and one overhead lamp. I took about 40-50 photos, playing around with the lighting and the set up, then started painting next day from the pic I liked most.

3 comments:

Johnna Schelling said...

WOW - stunning - I think you are really on to something here!

hmuxo said...

Absolutely beautiful Diana!!! Love the dark background .....just like the old Masters that I love!

Carol Flatt said...

This is just stunning, Diana! Very dramatic and mood-setting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...