Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 15 February 2016

1867 Diversity


40 x 40 cm / 16" x 16" oil on canvas board

This is one of my favourites, they come along now and again. The Majolica Comport was a great find at a local auction and picturesque by itself, so I kept the amount of fruit to a minimum to show off the lovely colours and glazes.of the dish itself.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

What a beautiful piece Diana. Fantastic work with the dish....

Carol Flatt said...

This is exquisite, Diana! The dish is beautiful and your decision to let the pattern and color of it "shine" was so appropriate. Just amazing! I'll bet this will be sold right away!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Beautifully done. Don't you just love pottery! Jewelry for the home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...