Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 9 February 2016

1866 Four and a Half


40 x 40 cm (16" x 16") oil on canvas

I thought that I would never get this one finished! The bowl is possibly not painted as perfectly as I would have liked. I have been diagnosed with cataracts the worst one in my right eye, should be getting operated on in March. Can't say I'm looking forward to it as I'm having it done under a local anesthetic,and I have to keep really still...

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

These apples look so delicious Diana! Beautiful work! I wish you the best of luck with your surgery, my friend! I'm feeling a bit better from my surgery...still can't move my arm but with therapy I hope it will be better soon. In about 8 months I need surgery for cataracts as well...just kill me....lol. My sister just had the eye surgery and she sees so well now...she said that "color" is even more beautiful!!!

Carol Flatt said...

I can see why it would take awhile to complete this, Diana. The pattern is very intricate and the apples very detailed. You are amazing with your skills. This painting is utterly beautiful! A true gem!

I wish you well with your surgery. My husband had both eyes done at different times in the manner you described. Both were very successful, and he couldn't believe what a difference it made to his vision. I will be thinking about you and praying it will all go well!

Carol Schiff said...

It's lovely, Diana. I cannot image what you would do to improve it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...