Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 11 January 2016

1860 Limey Gathering


5" x 7" 13 x 18 cm oil on panel, available

Number two small painting, these small ones help me get back into the flow and don't take too much time, I have a larger one ready to be finished today.
I primed the boards with black gesso and sanded them smooth, which was a mistake as the paint slid right off it! I had to paint several layers just to get a bit of 'tooth' on the panel and cover the black, I made the back ground a very dark green to complement the fruit.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

What a beautiful shade of green, Diana! Beautiful painting!

Carol Flatt said...

Very clever title, Diana, and a wonderful painting! Such rich colors and great drama!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

There is something wonderful about fruit with dark backgrounds. You've done such a lovely job on this. Really captures the feel/texture/beauty of it. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...