Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 10 January 2016

1859 Three Companions


5" x 7"= 13 x 18 cm oil on panel available

It has been so long since I last blogged, I took a break from painting in December after a very busy painting year. Since Christmas I have been trying to invent a new style to go along with my realistic paintings, so far I haven't come up with anything that I'm happy  with, I've tried painting on textured grounds, blurry landscapes, poured acrylic abstracts, collaging all without hitting the jackpot.So I thought that I would go back to what I know and love for awhile and get centred again as I was feeling a bit discombobulated! Torn hither and thither and not knowing where I was going, I'm sure something will develop in time if I stop trying so hard.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is enjoying the new year   with lots of resolutions!
Many thanks to all my readers for following me, you faithful ones!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Love your realistic work, Diana! So honestly, I hope you never change your style.... I tried many times changing my style and it ends up looking the same...lol I love your apples..and with the dark background is even better! I look forward to seeing all your paintings in the New Year!

Carol Flatt said...

I know that feeling exactly, Diana! With each new attempt you feel "this" might be "it!" I, too, tried many mediums and approaches looking for something fresh, but had no luck. I think your solution to just keep working in your proven style and maybe something new will just come is the solution. I think we try to force change and it doesn't always work.

Your paintings though are so beautiful and skillfully executed. If you do find a new approach I hope it's an "add on" rather than an "instead of."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...