Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 22 June 2015

1813 At Rest

12" x 9" oil on panel, framed, Available

First of my paintings for the Dungarven Group Summer Show at the Dungarvan Arts Centre.
My hubby and I took a trip down to Waterford and the Dungarvan area to get some ref pics of the area. Dungarvan is on the south coast of Ireland on an estuary, and of course very picturesque, we chose a perfect sunny day and  I got lots of great photos. I will probably paint around 8 paintings for inclusion.

1 comment:

Carol Flatt said...

Wonderful subject matter, Diana! I love these "working" boats. So much a part of a culture. I lived in a place by the sea that had fishing boats go out every day and return with their harvest. Most of the boat owners were third or fourth generation fishermen from Greece, Portugal, Italy, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...