Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 11 June 2015

1809 Painted by Nature

8" x 10" / 20 x 25cm oil on canvas board, available

My hubby bough at the local market, along with some duck eggs, these beautiful quail's eggs. I had never seen any in real life before and they really looked as if somebody had painted each egg. Because they are so small it was difficult to find items that didn't dwarf them in my set up. 

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Diana, this is beautiful.

hmuxo said...

This is incredible Diana! Love this so much! I never realized how beautiful duck eggs are...such a gorgeous pattern!

Carol Flatt said...

A perfect title, Diana! Your set up is lovely simplicity so that the eggs are the "stars of the show." We have quail here, too, but I've never been lucky enough to find even the remnants of the shells. Great painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...