Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 30 May 2015

1804 'Jugged'

8"x 6"/ 20 x 15cm oil on panel,framed

I bought a box full of jugs/pitchers at auction quite awhile back and am gradually including them in my still lifes, always trying to think up new combinations and set ups this one is fairly straight forward, I like to keep it simple in these small formats.

 I need to paint some really large ones too and have a plan of how many I need of each for my upcoming exhibitions, I try not to freak myself out with the amount of work I have to accomplish, just take it one step at a time!

4 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Diana... What an exquisitely composed piece Diana! Everything's there - asymmetry... balance...perfect colour harmony... and as always... the presence of your perfect draughtsmanship and choice of subjects... passionately felt!

Bravo!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

hmuxo said...

Beautiful details and color!! A perfect still life. LOVE your last farm piece! I hope you put it in the exhibit...It seems to me that men love barn and farm equipment....will definitely sell.

Carol Blackburn said...

Very lovely Diana. Enjoy your day.

Carol Flatt said...

That's the best way to do it, Diana. Otherwise, the task is so daunting. This is an exquisite jug. You painted the pattern very delicately, and the shadows on the handle and around the spout are terrific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...