Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 28 May 2015

1802 Dusk

8" x 6" oil on board, framed

I am painting a series of paintings for my next exhibition, with the theme of 'past times'. I thought that it would be easier than it is to paint with a theme in mind. Anyway these are our local Portumna Priory ruins at dusk on a fine evening, there are so many castles and ecclesiastical buildings mostly in ruins and other buildings that have been left to crumble away into the land scape here in Ireland that I thought it would make a perfect subject.

1 comment:

Carol Flatt said...

What a wonderful idea for a theme. You're definitely in the right area for inspiration. We visited Ireland long ago and stopped many times to explore the remains of castles and abbeys. I love the mood of this piece...strong and powerful and peaceful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...