Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 20 April 2015

1793 Put the Kettle On!

30 x 40cm oil on canvas

This lovely big and heavy copper and brass kettle has boiled many litres of water in it's time, I like it's blackened base, makes me wonder whether it ever hung over an open fire and how old it is, I wish it could tell me. It makes a wonderful subject for a still life too. I'm sure I will paint a few more of it before I pass it on.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Very beautiful one Diana. I am enjoying a cuppa while I visit blogs. A great day for it.

hmuxo said...

This one is breathtaking DIana! congratulations on a gorgeous piece! I hope to see this pot again and again!

Carol Flatt said...

Wonderful, Diana! Love the rather ornate and beautiful handle on the kettle as well as the reflections in the body portion. The green vase is such a perfect accompaniment to the piece!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...