Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 31 December 2014

1775 Frosty Morning Walk

8" x 10" / 25 x 20cm acrylic on canvas panel

I dug out my acrylics for this one, so different to oils - pros and cons....  I ventured out first thing Monday morning to take a walk down my favourite country lane.  A hard frost had covered everything in ice crystals especially the grass on the verges and in the middle of the little used tarmacked road.  I walked past small farms and fields, a few houses some abandoned and falling to pieces, makes me wonder who had lived there and why they left.This cottage too, named Home Port Cottage, is uninhabited although there seems signs that somebody might be renovating it. We shall see the progress hopefully, in the coming year.

2 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

I'll bet it's a great place to take long walks and see so much you would not see from a moving car. What a stalwart-looking cottage by the road with lovely vegetation! I, too, wonder about abandoned places. It makes me sad in some ways, but it's an opportunity for some else who comes along. Have a wonderful new year, Diana! May it be filled with many blessings and much opportunity for you.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Diana. I love this Country Cottage and love the blues...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...