Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 21 November 2014

1769 Shells

40 x 80 cm 16" x 32" oil on canvas

My latest 'white' painting  turned out to be a difficult painting to photograph, to get the tones and the colours correct still not really quite right. I'm also painting a small 'white' painting at the moment and then on to more colourful subjects.

 The short days of winter really cuts down my painting time, especially on gloomy rainy days such as today. I have lots to do to make up for all the ones that have sold, what a terrible problem!

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Dear Diana, we should all have such "problems". LOL I do like how you put that. I hope you get lots of sunny days real soon. How are your temps though? Here we are in the 30-40 degree fahrenheit range. Brrrr!

hmuxo said...

Who would have thought that an "all" white painting could look so beautiful! I love the tint of blues and the lone rose is absolutely beautiful as well as the touch of color in the shell.

Carol Flatt said...

I understand about the light, Diana. Here, the days are shorter as far as the light goes, and the sun is lower in the sky. Because of that the wall around our home blocks a lot of the sunshine that normally comes into the house in spring and summer. I know. That's what artificial lighting is for, right? This white painting is indeed lovely! You have captured the ripples in the teapot and bowl beautifully! Your work is so outstanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...