Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 12 October 2014

1760 Early Morning Inspection

25 x 27cm oil on canvas unframed

This I painted from a pic that my daughter took on an early morning jog, I loved it so much I just had to paint it. It was one of those effortless paintings that just rolls off the brush. I didn't bother much with a sketch, just brief outlines with a brush and diluted paint and then I dived right in. The dry stone wall in front of the ponies are typical here in the west of Ireland, covered with lichen, moss and wild flowers and of course ivy.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

SO beautiful, Diana. I love everything about this painting. The horses ..rocks and the misty morning ...

Carol Flatt said...

Beautifully done, Diana! I love the mist. You're so accomplished with painting atmosphere. The horses look curious as they peek from behind the rock wall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...