Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

1742 Ducks and Hens SOLD

40 x 80 cm oil on canvas to be framed (16" x 32") aprox.

I'm enjoying painting in this format again, and the stretched canvas I am using is Italian, a very fine weave, which is a joy to paint on.

 When I was exhibiting my paintings last,  I realized that I have too many different sizes and shapes, it is difficult to display them properly, so I am trying to cut down on both, which is not easy.

I bought these duck eggs from our local market recently, they are slightly larger than hens eggs and aren't really white as you can see, which makes them an interesting challenge to paint.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Oh Diana! this is a fantastic piece and it really looks challenging! BEAUTIFUL!

Carol Flatt said...

I, too like this long horizontal format, Diana. This setup with the eggs is perfect for it. Interesting comment about duck's eggs being larger than chicken's. This painting is so perfectly rendered. I love the idea of some of the eggs unbroken while some are whole.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...