Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 3 June 2014

1729 Peaceful Lough Derg SOLD

24" x 24" /60 x 60 cm oil on deep sided canvas, sides painted

I needed a change from still lifes, so I thought that I would try my hand at a bit of land/sky scape painting.
This is a place that my daughter and I go to in the evenings after a hectic day with three children, to get away and find our equilibrium again. This is Lough (pronounced loch) Derg a large lake with the river Shannon running through it, that Portumna, where I live, borders on to. 

This was such a change from my usual paintings and a real challenge to figure out how to go about painting it, I didn't realize it would be so difficult to to get the colours right or the trees just right, I'm sure I learned a lot.

3 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

Diana, it can't get much more beautiful than this painting!The light in the sky and reflecting in the lake is so stunning. I love this time of day just before it gets totally dark. It's almost meditative.

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautiful one Diana, looks photographic.

hmuxo said...

I've seen many skies, Diana, but you painted this SO perfectly that I thought it was a photo at first! The light in the sky and the reflection in the water from it is absolutely beautiful!!! I can see why you and your daughter go their to get away!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...