Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 4 May 2014

1725 Teapot for One SOLD

8" x 10" oil on panel, available through my web-site

This was a labour of love, as I started by toning my board, which is something I don't often do, the result was I couldn't get the tones right. I guess it takes some getting used to, I usually paint straight onto a white  support.

My teapot is quirky and I love its shape and the primitive pattern engraved on the body. The piece of weathered slate, I found on a recent walk. Some of the roof slates had blown off an old abandoned cottage,  I thought that one or two might come in handy for a still life, also I've been wanting to incorporate some eggs into a still life for awhile so here they all are together.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

I have never seen such a beautiful piece like this one! This is fantastic Diana! Congratulations! The teapot is amazing!

Carol Flatt said...

You have such a gift, Diana, in creating still life setups. Love the variety of textures here with man-made and nature-made items. Outstanding! The teapot is awesome.

Rosemary said...

Oh Diana! Most of your paintings take my breath away - but this one is over the top gorgeous! Bravo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...