Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 10 April 2014

1723 Lille Pige

10" x 8" / 24.5 x 20cm oil on panel

'Lille Pige' is Danish for little girl and this charming figurine originates from there as did my mother. It always  stood on the mantelpiece of our home when I was growing up and I have always loved it. Since getting back all my stuff out of storage and finding her again I felt it was time to portray the figurine, simply as it is.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

THIS IS OUTSTANDING, Diana!!! Beautiful work on this one.I love the shadows and the touches of gold. (I can feel the grit..lol)

Carol Flatt said...

How exquisite, Diana! A beautiful treasure. You have rendered her with such soft effects and delicate coloring!

Barbara Pask said...

Such a sweet painting. Always special to paint something we hold dear to our hearts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...