Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

1715 Still Life with Melon

16" x 22" oil on canvas, available when framed

It seems ages since I last blogged, as a combination of a constant stream of colds and flu's in our  family coupled with the delivery of a truckload of my long awaited household goods, that have been in storage for a number of years, has kept me from painting and posting. Well we are all still snuffling here which has made the winter months seem endless, I am so looking forward to less rain and winds and more sunshine and warmth and time and good health to get back to long walks in the countryside, I feel like a hermit!

3 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Welcome back Hermit! We have missed your posting!

The winter has been around too long ... everywhere it would seem The up side is that we should be well rested... ready to get bqack to some more good work - the likes of this well painted still!

Hope that you are feeling better!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

hmuxo said...

I have been waiting patiently for your next painting, Diana and it was worth the wait. This is truly beautiful. I love everything about this one..but that candle in the glass holder is amazing as well as the slice of cantaloupe!! I, as well feel like that "hermit" not being able to leave the house because of the weather...not being able to walk outside has been awful... I need the sunshine and warmth also!!
Feel better!!

Carol Flatt said...

I know exactly what you're feeling. There's nothing like that elation one gets from seeing the earth and sky warm up and Spring begin!
Your painting is wonderful, and the cantaloupe looks real enough to eat! Beautifully worked!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...