Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 23 January 2014

1710 Light Patterns

16" x 12" /40 x 30 cm oil on stretched canvas

I bought a box of old stained glass windows, some in poor condition, from a local auction house along with a box of oil lamps and glassware, a carpet and a set of bone china. I've got so much stuff to paint now my shelving is over full! I think it will take me a long while to use them all.

This glass panel I set on a table with the natural light from my window flooding in and when the sun came out  it projected light and shadow from the uneven surface of the glass onto the wall and there was the perfect set-up!

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

I LOVE how the light is coming through the stained glass window, Diana. The window is amazing with that beautiful red and blue and the perfect shadows...nice work..

Carol Flatt said...

Remarkable! What a fantastic idea! I look forward to seeing more stained glass in your works.

Johnna Schelling said...

Wonderful, I love the colors and contrast - both hot and cold.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...