Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 12 October 2013

1700' Lemon Terrine' original oil painting SOLD!

12" x 20" =30.4 x 51 cm  oil on panel,  framed

I loved painting this one but photographing it was another matter! The colours are not quite accurate but the nearest I could get to it.

I bought a box of blue and white porcelain in auction recently without seeing it in the flesh, always a mistake,  when we picked it up most of it had either cracks or chips or both! Well I can paint a few of the pieces, this little clog was one of 5 from the box.

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Absolutely stunning!

Bruce Sherman said...

Good morning Diana!... Cracked... chipped or not... the terrine sets up the complementary counterpoint beautifully with your life-like lemons. This pairing succeeds in making this wonderful still life dazzling to the eye!

Bravo!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

hmuxo said...

Your set up is always perfect, Diane.
This is absolutely beautiful.. the lemons look SO real. Wonderful work!!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

As a long time fan of antique auctions, lol, I can tell you I have been there and done that!! Most of my still life props are dinged and dented, but the good news is I can paint that stuff out---and you obviously can too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...