Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 5 October 2013

1699 'Perfection' original oil painting


14" x 18" = 35.5 x 46cm oil on panel to be framed, available

Finally finished!  I love roses but find them hard to paint, all those petals and subtle colour changes, difficult to mix exactly the right shade of pink. I was so frustrated that I painted myself a colour chart of all my reds mixed with varying amounts of white, which was helpful.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Diana, these roses are so beautiful. I wish we were neighbors so I could bother you for painting lessons. LOL

hmuxo said...

This is outstanding Diana!!! I can't believe what I'm seeing... this has to be the most beautiful roses I've ever seen. Congratulations!!!

suzanneberry said...

This, for me, is one of your finest pieces! Everything about it is perfection, pure pure perfection! I so agree with Hilda! the most beautiful roses ever! BRAVO my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...