Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 2 October 2013

1698 Painted Flowers




14" x 18" = 35.5 x 46cm oil on panel

Finally finished! I have been working on a couple of paintings simultaneously and re-working some others hence the long pause in posting.
These two jugs bought at different times from auctions have a similar colour palette but are from different eras, the dahlia I plucked from my garden and placed it on a couple of sprigs of sage on a dark blue cloth and the stage was set!

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Stunning one Diana. Aren't auctions fun. We went to one yesterday and got some cool stuff.

suzanneberry said...

Beautifully done Diana!! I love it!!

hmuxo said...

FANTASTIC piece, Diana!!!! It couldn't be more perfect!!!! LOVE, LOVE it!!!

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

I agree, beautifully done! Love your work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...