Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 8 September 2013

1695 Outcast SOLD

20" x 24"/ 51 x 61cm oil on panel to be framed

The largest one I have done for a long while and took me almost 2 weeks to complete, but I learned a lot in the process. The next one is going to be a close up of 3 roses from a beautiful bunch that are adorning my kitchen table at the moment.

I've noticed that the price of oil paints seems to have crept up a lot, especially the cadmiums. I'm thinking of investing in larger tubes as they are more economical but the outlay on purchase is rather daunting, maybe I'll just buy one at a time. I'd like to know what they put in the student grade paints to make them cheaper, I know that they often use cheaper pigments, but what else! I use mainly Winsor and Newton artist grade oil paint and a few tubes in their 'Winton' range (student) 

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Diana, love the copper pot and fruit. I've been watching YouTube videos about oil painting and am now dabbling a bit myself. I would be pleased if I get to be even 1/4 as good as you are. :)

suzanneberry said...

Diana, this is just stunning! I love the way the arrangement emerges from the shadows,. And the brilliant orange really pops out from them. And the sprigs of rosemary are so tenderly painted. A lovely work of art!

hmuxo said...

Amazing piece, Diana!!!!!! How did I miss this one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...