Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 25 August 2013

1693 Study in Blue - original oil painting SOLD

8" x 16" oil on panel, to be box framed

A simple one or so I thought, why do I always think that?!! When you forget the patterns there are the  highlights, reflections and so many subtle colour changes and reflected light and colours that slowly appear as one paints and one stares at the objects, things one wouldn't normally, consciously register, but make the painting.

The next one is a large-ish one for me, already set up, a copper pan full of oranges and a sprig of Rosemary, so back to work I go .....

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

That's so beautiful, Diana. Did I tell you I am going to start oil painting classes this fall?

Bruce Sherman said...

Good morning Diana!... Everything is there to make this another well thought and successful out still life painting. Simplicity of composition and focus... smack on draughtsmanship... exciting lighting and colour.Very... "Diana"!

A gem!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

hmuxo said...

GORGEOUS still life!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...