Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

1667 Round and Round

50 x 60cms = 16" x 20" oil on panel, unframed

Well it's been awhile since I posted, I haven't had a chance to paint much over the last 3-4 weeks as family matters have taken president.  This is one I started before that time and have finally finished, I found the copper crumb tray and loved it's design, also the quirky hand painted jug, both acquired at a local general auction.

My daughter and children have moved from the States to Europe, back home, and are living with us for a while so with a teenager and a two year old, life is definitely not quiet anymore! But I have put a 'Do not disturb' sign on my art room door (on pain of death!) so as I can get some painting done.

The little finger of my two year old grandson, found the switch for the power supply to my computer, which set off a chain of events that is causing me many grey hairs. Although I though I was being smart and paid good money to have my data stored in a cloud somewhere it has caused me no end of gritted teeth and******!!!+++ words. After getting my PC back from the experts who had wiped my hard - drive, thinking it would be easy to restore my files from the 'cloud' well that is another very long story. Needless to say I will be backing up my files in future on an my own external hard drive!

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautiful one! I guess you have some gremlins messing with that cloud. Maybe your data is in the rain clouds we are getting. I'll let you know if one of your painting photos drops by. I hope it all works out soon for you.

hmuxo said...

This post horrifies me...LOL I am not good with computers like so many of my friends here in blogland and if something happens that I lose it..
well, I'd have to get someone to help since I know "nothing"!!! So many of them change backgrounds and I would love to do that..however, the thought of pressing the wrong key gets me nervous!! Sounds like you'll be busy for awhile with the family but its good that you have "that place to escape to". We all need that. This painting is gorgeous as always, Diana. Love the plums as well!!!

Carol Flatt said...

I'm so sorry about the computer issues, Diana. There seems to be a rash of that lately. I know how deeply frustrating it can be! Your painting is just lovely! The breadcrumb tray is most interesting with it's indentations and color, and the jug is fantastic! The design on it adds so much interest to that area. Well done!!

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Diana!.... Family... computers and painting??? Hard to keep all of those balls in the air!

A great painting... and as an after thought:

"What goes around... comes around!" HA HA!! Hang in there... and Chin up my dear!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...