Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 7 March 2013

1649 Cocktail Collection SOLD


11" x 14" oil on panel
I'm in the middle of 2 intricate paintings that are taking ages to complete, hence a looser one for my mental healths sake!  I had to paint quite fast on this one as the flower and the leaf began to wilt quite quickly, I'm loving painting looser with the aid of a palette knife too and it's surprising how much more paint I use this way.

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is a spectacular piece, Diana!!
I love the looseness of this one..Fantastic texture on the table and love the blue vase and how you faded it out...excellent as always!

Carol Flatt said...

You have set up a beautiful composition with intriguing lighting. I love the reflections in each of the metal and ceramic pieces. Well done!!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Love this Diana! I know what you mean about working on something looser . I am that way when I work on commissions. I have to take a break and paint something that flows from the brush. :)

Crystal Cook said...

I love the looser feel to this one Diana!! It really looks gorgeous. :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...