Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

1614 Autumn Collection & growing up fast

20" x 20" oil on gallery wrapped deep canvas, sides painted black, ready to hang, available

The nights are getting chilly and the leaves are turning colour here, the first hints of Autumn in the air. The plums and the hazelnuts are finds from a recent walk with my grandson Kai which make perfect subjects to be painted.

I'm thinking of painting on primed un-stretched canvas, which I have never done before, the reason being, they would be easier to send to Ireland and less weighty as I am spending a lot on postage sending boards. Has anybody got any tips for me, things to watch out for? Would appreciate some feedback on the subject.

Don't babies grow up fast when I arrived in Washington kai was 8 months old now he's 14 months up and running and climbing and getting his cute little fingers into everything here's my favourite pic of him.



4 comments:

Carol Schiff Studio said...

He's adorable! Those eyes are to die for!!

PS Love the painting too.

hmuxo said...

Diana...your Grandson is SO adorable! I would love to see you paint a portrait of him someday...Your painting is flawless ..I love the pots with those gorgeous reflections..a definite winner!!

Millie said...

Hi Diana: Thank you for your visit to my blog. I have been no neglectful of my own blog due to other priorities in life. But I see that your art is just getting better and better. Congratulations!

Nance Danforth "Moments" said...

Diana, I have never painted unstretched canvas. I can see the shipping cost advantage, but would be afraid that rolling a canvas would damage the paint layer. Keep us informed on what you learn about this process. You might get some ideas in the conversation at: http://joanbreckwoldt.blogspot.com/2009/02/methods-using-unstretched-canvas.html. Nance

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...