Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

1604 Water Beauty

20" x 20" oil on 2 1/2" deep gallery wrapped canvas

This is a definite departure from my normal subjects.
 I was requested to paint some paintings with this theme for my new gallery here in Seattle. By coincidence a friend of my daughter has a pond with Koi fish and water lilies, when we phoned them to ask if they knew where we could find a pond, they thought that we were kidding!  so on finding out we had hit the jackpot, we whizzed over there on a perfect summers day to get some reference photos. This is the first of 3. Hope you like, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

It is beautiful, Diana.......look forward to seeing more of them.

Art with Liz said...

Wow Diana - this is fantastic. But for me, it's the Rainier Cherries! Truly beautiful. Oh, and being a dog lover, 1602 stole my heart.

hmuxo said...

Absolutely AMAZING, Diana!! I look forward to seeing more of these beauties!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...