Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 14 June 2012

1586 Served on a Silver Platter and Sketch by Crystal Cook

11" x 14" oil on panel to be framed

After the last painting I thought that I needed to paint a straight forward subject, no patterns and not too many reflections, so in comparison this was an easy one! I left the background plain as well just to be nice to myself ;)


                                                 MY PRIZE!!!!

This lovely sketch is by brilliant water colour artist Crystal Cook    http://crystalcookart.blogspot.com/ 
I received it last week as a prize for closely guessing the subject of one of her paintings from a tiny snippet.
 It was beautifully packaged too and was a wonderful gift that I will have framed when I get back home, and always treasure.
Besides checking out her blog, do go to her Etsy Shop and peruse all her work for sale there
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrystalCookArt

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely one, Diana. Glad you got Crystal's sketch, isn't she great.

Crystal Cook said...

Your painting is so beautiful Diana. I don't know how you get that shine on the apple so perfect! It's amazing. And thank you so much for your kind words, I'm just so happy you liked the sketch! :))) *hugs*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...