Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

1585 By Candle Light and Babykins dips his toe

\16" x 15.5" oil on panel  framed

This is my favourite painting at the moment, and took forever to paint :( but I'm finally happy with it after a lot of fiddling with the tones of the plate and cup. The one I'm doing next is a doddle in comparison!

While I'm painting I'm also looking after my 10 month old grandson which adds to the fun ;O  here is a pic of him dipping his toe into a local river after which he got himself totally soaked and covered in sand so it was with forethought we had a spare set of clothes with us.


4 comments:

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Glorious, Diana! Your choice of subject matter alone is impressive and your execution is flawless. The reflections on the pink flute are right on! Congratulations!

hmuxo said...

Diana!!! This is SOOOO beautifully painted...What can I say..Perfect!! I can see why it took forever to paint...
Also, Enjoy your handsome grandson! They grow up too fast!!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Diana, don't you just love catching those "firsts" of the little ones. My first grandson did not like the feel of grass on his bare feet. It was the funniest thing. He's 15 now so I hope he's gotten over it.

suzanneberry said...

amazing work diana. and your grandson is just adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...