Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 26 May 2012

1580 Fishing


10" x  8' oil on panel available here

I needed a break from 'still lifes' so I found this ref photo along with some others of this little girl, I might paint a few more children I enjoy painting them, one thing I learned from this painting was, that I need to paint this kind of painting in one sitting, otherwise it loses it's freshness and I tend to fiddle and over perfect when I go back to it.

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

It's wonderful, Diana.....I love all the movement in the water, her sundress. I even feel I can see where her (invisible) fishing line goes into the water. That's pretty good, if you ask me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...