Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 9 February 2012

1548 Cut Up SOLD

5" x 7" oil on panel
I'm still amazed how long it takes to paint a small painting, I can paint a larger one 8" x 10"in about the same time.
I can't ask as much money for such a small size, as I price by size so it doesn't make a lot of sense. Recently a 6"x 6" painting sold in a live auction, for more than an 18" x 10" in an expensive frame, which I guess proves that a painting is worth how much somebody is willing to pay for it. So how does one gauge the price of a painting?

2 comments:

Kay said...

II wish I knew the answer..I tried pricing by size..works for large but not for the small ones!!! Always a conundrum! Love this little painting

Iowalady said...

I think artists should charge according to what your talent is worth..your time, ideas, talent, quality etc. SIZE shouldn't have anything to do with it. I don't purchase by size! I purchase what I like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...