Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 13 January 2012

1540 Somethings Come Between Us SOLD

11" x 14" = 28 x 35.5 cms  oil on board,  framed.  To see more of my work go to dianamarshallfineart.com

I love the play of light through glass and how it bathes surrounding objects in coloured light. I recently bought 2 lots of 6 glass paper-weights from a local auction, and I'm looking forward to including them in some future still lifes, some have an intricate inner life so should be quite a challenge to paint.

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome, Diana...looking forward to seeing those paperweights emerge.

Dana Cooper said...

Diana, I love, love the modern perspective on a traditional subject...beautiful!!

Gwen Bell said...

Wonderful painting. Love the unique view and that spot of glowing green light on the teapot. You paint light so beautifully. Looking forward to the Paper Weights!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Love the perspective and light! I can't keep up you are painting so fast. You are definitely in the zone—wonderful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...