Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 2 January 2012

1537 Against the Sky

14" x 18" = 35.5 x 45.7cms oil on panel  to see more of my work go to dianamarshallfineart.com

First painting of the year a very transparent subject, various glass containers from my ever growing collection.


I'm looking forward to this year and the challenges I know it will bring for me, my family and my art career, my goals are set and hanging on my wall and I'm ready to go! .

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Most awesome, luminous, fabulous color and clarity, Diane. Great start to the new year. I just got my first commission of 2012. Two dog portraits and the owener has given me free reign to decide if I want to put them both in one painting or do them separately. I better get started.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Diana, this is gorgeous! You seem so focused since you switched to super realism and you works appear very professional. I think you ARE ready too! Go get em!

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Diana!... Happy New Year!

This recent "first born" of 2012 certainly bears the "genetic characteristics" of its "siblings."

The beautiful transparency which is certainly the allure for both collecting and painting glass objects... is so wonderfully rendered here... and the composition and draughtmanship so naturally developed!

It gives the allusion that one is fully present in front of your subject with you! Marvellous is an appropriate word to describe this gem!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
bruce

Donna Pierce-Clark said...

Stunning transparency!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...