Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 14 December 2011

1534 Copper Kettle SOLD

18" x 14" = 45.7x 35.5 oil on panel  to see more of my work go to dianamarshall.fineart.com

A recent purchase from a local auction house along with 3 other copper and brass vessels was this beautifully dented and polished kettle. I liked all the left on remnants of polish in the nooks and crannies, looking like verdis gris.
My Ikea shelving unit is now groaning under the weight of all my 'finds', I started off using 1 shelf and now all 5 shelves are packed with these gems, the choice will be soon to get more shelving or get rid!

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

So beautiful, Diana....I know what you mean about the props adding up. I weed them out for next years yard sale. I like to set out one or two of them for decoration at my art shows too somewhere beside the painting that shows them. People comment how they like that.

Diana Marshall said...

Hi Carol,
Such a great idea to display the objects that you have painted along side your paintings, might pinch that idea in the future!
Thanks for visiting
Happy painting
Diana

Susan Carlin said...

Beautiful! How I regret not getting more time with you in Dublin last year... Your work just knocks my socks off.

Millie said...

Beautiful still life. The orange and eggs are in such perfect shape. And that kettle with all the reflection is divine. Nice work, Diana!

Lori Bonanni said...

Beautiful job on this! The copper is just great!

suzanneberry said...

incredible diana!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...