Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 28 November 2011

1529 Behind Glass & Auction Sales


11" x 13" =28 x 33 cms oil on panel, framed.
to see more of my work go to dianamarshallfineart.com

I enjoyed painting my glass bottles recently so I thought that I should give them another outing, teamed up with my other recent purchase, my favourite bit of this painting is the distortion of the lemon edges behind the glass, funny what appeals!

 5 out of 7 paintings were sold in yesterdays auction in Dublin, unfortunately they were at the very end of a lengthy auction which is not the best place to have ones paintings, still I'm happy that they are gone as I have cupboards full of paintings, better on somebodies wall and a little cash in my pocket to pay for more frames. Tonight is another auction in which I have 2 still lifes so will be watching it live on my computer in a few minutes.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations on those sales! Love the colors in your lemon pantings. So rich!

suzanneberry said...

lovely painting as always and congratulations on the sales!

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Diana!... A lovely still life... full of eye catching detail and superb coloue and tone!

Your compositions are constantly well thought out... and this one illustrates the point... perfectly!

Glad that the sales are there for you. In this difficult time for artists and sales. Many will be become discouraged... and they seek new activity... garnering the money they seek!

The passion which is obvious in your work... will carry you through this difficult time! Stay the course!

Good Painting!... Good luck with sales!

Warmest regards,
Bruce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...