Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 26 November 2011

1528 Portuguese Plate SOLD

50 x 60 centimeters (aprox. 20" x 16") oil on board to see more of my work go to dianamarshallfineart.com
Couldn't think of a better name for this one, sometimes it's easy and a title pops into my head while painting or at least at the end of it, but this time I drew a blank, nada, so if anybody thinks of a better one I'll change it! This one took me the best part of a week to finish and although I'm quite pleased with it, I think I need a change now, not quite sure what, but maybe I will be inspired more next week.

I have 3 auction sales coming up one after the other, starting Sunday in Dublin. The recession is really making it's presence felt even more this year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a few of my paintings will sell. My hubby is going along to watch the proceedings but I don't think I could stand the agony of it, so I'm staying home!

4 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Diana!... Very much enjoyed my first visit to your wonderful site... chucked full of colour... interesting design and well thought out compositions!

Your consistent and unerring attention to fine detail... good draughtsmanship... light shifts... tone and value make the viewing of your still life subjects breath-taking!

I'll be back! Look forward to more sharing! Good luck with sales!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Carol Blackburn said...

How stunning, Diana. I grew up around the Portuguese and I can attest to the beauty and color that they use in their designs. This is spot on!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

A feast of color...this is absolutely gorgeous! Love, Love, LOVE this.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Diane, A masterpiece! The grapes and the platter, in particular, caught my eye! Congratulations on the auction sales too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...