Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 28 October 2011

1519 Strawberry Reflection ( & some process photos)

18" x 14" oil on panel to see more of my work go to dianamarshallfineart.com

It's been a funny week some how, I started two paintings at the same time and I think I've come to the conclusion that I prefer just to concentrate on painting one picture at a time. I get into a zone when I'm painting, I just paint without consciously thinking too much, although I'm making decisions all the time as I go along. When I change to paint a second one it's like breaking the spell and I have to find my way into the other painting which is hard, and I don't like the switching back and forth.

 Anyway this is a little glass jug I found at a flea market the other Saturday, I fell in love with the Art Deco shape so I bought it. I thought that I would perch it on the fruit box my hubby acquired for me, and the strawberry decided to keep it company and revel in it's own reflection!.

Carol DeMumbrum asked if she could see my process, I remembered to take pics to about 1/2 way through then forgot all about taking more so here are a few to give you a bit of an idea.
I start with a rough sketch , then block in with thinned down paint. Next stage  another layer of thicker paint, and then the final layer finishing with highlights.






3 comments:

suzanneberry said...

wow! i love seeing your process diana! and this point of view and composition is amazing! i feel the same way...i can't stop and start or work on another, unless of course i'm stuck. beautiful work!

Lori Bonanni said...

Beautiful job on this glass! Don't you just love flea market finds! I can never resist!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Wow, this is amazing seeing your process!! Thank you so for sharing!!! I know what you mean by working on multiple paintings. When I paint something larger I do have to take breaks and work on something I can finish in one sitting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...