Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 21 October 2011

1517 Sweet and Sour SOLD

24" x 12" oil on panel   available through Dolans Fine Art Auctions,  to see more of my work go to dianamarshallfineart.com

This one took a week of hard work and a lot of layers of paint until it was perfect, and those lines on the plate made me see checks before my eyes when I went to sleep!  I'm finally happy with it after a lot of fine tuning.
As you can see my paintings are getting bigger and bigger and of course they take a lot longer to paint than small ones and they are not as easy to photograph either. I think it is probably harder to go from painting small paintings to larger ones, rather than vice versa, problems show up bigger too:))

7 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

Diane, this painting is so realistic-- it is absolutely amazing. The intricate pattern on one plate, and the incredible check pattern on the other. I don't know how you got all the squares so perfectly. Oh, and the pears and lemons are superbly rendered as well. Excellent!

Carol Blackburn said...

Absolutely wonderful, Diana. I was wondering how you managed those lines on the plate, too. Super realistic!

Dana Cooper said...

This painting is amazing Diana. I love the composition as well as the colors...fabulous!

suzanneberry said...

Outstanding diana!! breathtakingly so!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Beautifully painted! Love the details and composition! I would love to see your process sometime. :)

Katharina said...

Looks like a photograph! Love the blue/yellow combo.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Stunning Diana. Yellow and blue make for such a cheerful composition and as everyone else has remarked, your skills shine in the beautifully rendered plate and bowl as well as the fruit. Bravo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...