Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 30 September 2011

1513 Bearly Light & Sweet Babe! SOLD

12" x 9" = 30.4 x 23 cms. oil on panel, unframed

The hardest part about this painting was finding a title for it that I liked! I have been wanting to incorporate some unusual objects into my still lifes and have a few more ideas I want to put onto canvas soon.
I have a large commission that is beckoning me which I must finish, and will  take up a good few days yet.
My goal for the future is to paint larger paintings, which is quite daunting, very apropo this week was the subject of painting larger in the bi-weekly letter from   Robert Genn (click on name to read article)
which I have subscribed to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit young for all these candy treats although he does look delighted!

This is my grandson Kai surrounded by sweeties sent by his Aunty to his mum (her childhood favourites from Germany)

4 comments:

Sadeu said...

very good paintings : )

Gary Keimig said...

Great photo. Such a perfect respnse to all those goodies.[Do you know a good dentist LOL]
You did sauch a wonderful job on the painting. Perfect.

Linda Nickles said...

An interesting group of objects, for sure! I love the way you put them together . . . the little bear is just adorable, and how you rendered the candle in the glass is so amazing. Great job, Diana!

suzanneberry said...

diana, these still lifes are breathtaking! outstanding work! on the painting and your grandson! happy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...