Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 15 September 2011

1511 Spheres

24" x 13.5" oil on panel

This is a painting I have been labouring on for weeks and weeks, everything about it was a challenge, then the photographing was another challenge, and last of all I couldn't come up with a title so I plumped for this unimaginative one. I am so glad to see it finished at last, these decorative balls were in a blue glass bowl on the dining table of my friend Ingrid in Germany, the overhead Tiffany style lamp made for interesting reflections on the glass and the balls themselves. It was a complicated subject to tackle and half way through I almost abandoned it but I persevered after ignoring it for a while.

6 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

It turned out great!

Carol Blackburn said...

So glad you kept with it, Diana...it's wonderful.

suzanneberry said...

WOW!! diana, it's stunning and so worth the effort and wait! just amazing work!!

Linda Nickles said...

Absolutely amazing! Good for you, Diana, for sticking with it. Your efforts certainly paid off.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

How wonderful you stuck with this - the complexity of the subject matter is amazing, and you have handled it masterfully! I love this - I keep looking and looking and seeing something new every time!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

I think this is one of my favorites. Love the reflections and the depth and drama. Amazing detailed work!! Can't wait to hear how your next show goes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...