Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 14 September 2011

1510 Rustic Charm SOLD

11" x 14" = 27.9 x 35.5 cms. oil on panel (available through Gormleys Auction House click on link in right bar)

Another one finished!  This set up is in an old oak drawer I found in a local junk shop, the back or rather the bottom of it is slowly disintergrating and I think it has a touch of woodworm as well. I find it very versatile as I can line it with different coloured paper to make an ever changing back drop for my still lifes and was a useful find for a €1.
  The weather has been blowing a gale here the last couple of days, it came in off the Atlantic and blew all my flowerpots over and broke many a flower stem and caused quite a lot of havoc, although nothing like the devastation that occured on the East coast of America, probably quite tame in comparison!

2 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

What a clever idea to use an old drawer has a backdrop! I love that idea. The grapes here are amazing!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Are you sleeping at all? Everything is beautiful!! Can't wait to see what you post next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...