Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

1507 Family Heirlooms & Auction Sale

7" x 14" oil on panel
This pair of pretty frosted green glass vases, rather art deco probably from the 30's, belonged to a friend's mum and are precious to her. I placed them on this sunny window sill so that the sun could illuminate them and show them off to their best paired with this pot of blooms.
____________________________________________________________________________

Last night 3 of my paintings went under the hammer in a live art auction in N. Ireland , Collectors could also bid via the Internet) we followed the action on-line and it was quite nerve wracking when it came to my lots, I had one sell in the early lots, but the other two were placed almost at the end of the auction, which took the best part of 4 hours, I think by then most people were exhausted but I managed to sell another one, with the last one falling just short of the reserve. So all in all quite a successful night.. a bit more funds to pay for more frames!!

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I inherited a love for dishes from my mother and her mother...so this is especially appealing to me. You have painted these vases with such luminosity and beauty...then those gorgeous roses in the center. What a lovely painting, Diana!

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

Congratulations on your sales and I just love antiques! Beautiful painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...