Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 22 August 2011

'1500 Quiet Repose' and successful exhibition!!!

6" x 12" oil on panel,framed
(available through Gormleys Auction House click on link in right bar)
This peaceful looking Buddha head was posed on the window sill in my friend Linda's house in Bournemouth, England. On spying it, I thought what a great subject for a still life with the sun streaming through the window.
As I was visiting England to deliver some paintings for the Society of Feline Artists annual exhibition in London, we took the opportunity to visit friends and familiar places. I also got loads of photographic material both the furry kind and lovely still life objects. We also visited my favourite car boot sale for more items to paint!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art Exhibition in Dublin
This was the selection on Sunday after 10 still life paintings had sold on Saturday and before four more sold and three more went off to auction. My still lifes turned out to be winners with no other paintings selling, so guess what I will be concentrating on?!! I have another out-door exhibition at the end of September, the last of the season, so I've got to get producing like mad until then. All exciting stuff!

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations on those sales, Diana. You know I admire your work so very much! Awesome when this happens.......:)

suzanneberry said...

beautiful still life diana! congratulations and good luck getting everything ready.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited you had a great exhibition. Good luck getting ready for the next. :)

Carol Schiff Studio said...

You paintings are all wonderful, but you still life is a step above in my opinion. You pick such difficult set-up's and always do a fantastic job with them. Obviously, your clients appreciated them too. Congratulations!

Carrie'sCreations said...

Congratulations and they are all framed so beautifully!

Carrie'sCreations said...

And your painting is fabulous! Great composition very fresh and new.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...