Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 21 July 2011

1496 Treasure of the Sea SOLD & rain,rain,rain..

7" x 14" oil on panel

Another two objects I'm using that are on loan, this was very hard to photograph because of glare and stark contrasts. This is one of my recent favourites, I like a bit of drama in a painting!

__________________________________________________________________________

The weather here is gloomy, rainy and cold, boy I sure could use a bit of Spanish sunshine right about now! How's the weather where you are?

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

I love the variety in this one, Diana. The irridencence of the shell, the patina on the jug and dryness of the cork are so disparate yet they work so well together. I don't know why but I see it as sort of a metaphor for a human life - sometimes bright and cheerie, sometimes rough and dry humored, and then again those day to day things we face give us that exterior that the world sees which holds beneath all we were created to be.

Crystal Cook said...

Beautiful work Diana! I do thinkthis piece has a lot of drama, but that adds so much appeal to it! :)

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

I like drama in my still lifes. Nice work!

suzanneberry said...

i love the old world feeling of this, it's beautiful, most especially love the negative space playing into the composition! lovely diana!

suzanneberry said...

i forgot...i'd really love cold and gloomy, it's so flippin hot here in NY right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...