Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 18 July 2011

1494 Pink Lady SOLD & new family member

8" x 10" oil on panel  SOLD

We visited friends at the week-end at their beautiful house in the Midlands of Ireland and Annie has a wealth of gorgeous ornaments and interesting objects some of which she kindly lent me for my still lifes. Here is the first piece, a lovely cranberry coloured wine glass, casting beautiful shadows on the back cloth which I paired with a Pink Lady apple. There will be many more to come, I'm now spoilt for choice with things to paint, it's now just finding the right set up for them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



. Introducing my brand new grandson Kai Andreas 
Born 7/16/11 at 4:05am
8lbs3oz and 20 3/4" long
Born in Washington USA to my daughter Katy and partner Justin

7 comments:

Giselle McMenamin said...

Really lovely work Diana. Enjoyed visiting your blog!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Cutest smiling baby ever!!

Linda Nickles said...

I have red glassware just like this one, and I love the glow it gives. You captured that glow so well. Congratulations on your new grandson!

suzannepaints said...

Beautiful baby. Congratulations! Love your shadow in the painting, filled with light.

Gwen Bell said...

You've captured the frailness and color of the glass perfectly!

Congratulations on your little bundle of love. What a beautiful baby!

suzanneberry said...

another beautiful gem...both the painting and the baby! congratulations on the new addition! brilliant!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Have not been able to visit in awhile. Amazing work you are doing and what an adorable little one—love his name. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...